Friday, November 13, 2015

30 Day Challenge Day XIII

Funniest Quote

I've mentioned this quote before, but it never loses it's charm.  Aulë and Yavanna have an argument about how Aulë's people (the dwarves) are always going to be in conflict with Yavanna's creation, the plants and animals.  Yavanna feels very triumphant after announcing that she has the Ents and Eagles to protect her creations, and this is how Aulë replies:

"'Eru is bountiful,' she [Yavanna] said.  'Now let thy children beware!  For there shall walk a power in the forests whose wrath they will arouse at their peril.'  'Nonetheless they will have need of wood,' said Aule, and he went on with his smith work."




6 comments:

  1. Lol! That's hilarious! :D My favorite quote is by Bilbo at his farewell party in FOTR:

    "'I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.' There was some scattered clapping, but most of them were trying to work it out and see if it came to a compliment." I could just see those hobbits thinking... and it never gets old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I wonder if it actually was a comment...*scratches head*

      Delete
    2. To be perfectly honest, I'm a bit confused on whether your reply was sarcastic? Or you think I know you half as well as I should like but like you half as well as you deserve? I was never good at guessing games lol XD

      Delete
    3. I meant "compliment" instead of "comment".

      And also, mind blown.

      Delete
    4. Ohhh! THAT makes a lot of sense now! Yeah, all my friends mess with me when they say a joke that I don't get right away. But they don't understand me when I make an LOTR joke so I guess we're even! :D

      Delete
    5. I know the feeling. You can almost hear the crickets chirping when I reference LOTR with my friends, haha :)

      Delete