Friday, January 6, 2017

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

This is my piano cover of Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

Again, I apologize for the piano being out of tune.  For all of you out there lucky enough to have perfect pitch, I am sorry!!  I think it might actually be getting worse as time passes.  Also I think the sound board is damaged because it is permanently on sustain.  The sustain pedal just adds more sustain.  I dunno what that's all about...

Image result for shruggy itylerhd gif
Tenor

While we're on the topic of pianos, Piano Around the World is a YouTube channel I would like to encourage you to go check out.  Dotan Negrin is fulfilling his dream of travelling around the world and playing the piano on the streets so everyone can enjoy the music.  His channel features lots of awesome solos and different musicians who improvise with him.  I would like to support the efforts of this channel, so if you like piano music, head over and check it out!

This song was inspired by one of my classmates who passed away two years ago, today.  We went through all of elementary school together plus the first four years of seventh grade.  While we weren't BFFs, I always remember how sweet she was and always happy.  I know people say lots of stuff like that when someone passes away, but I honestly cannot think of one time I saw her sad or angry.

This song makes me think of her because (even though it sounds cliche) I really do believe that she is in a better place, like the one this song describes.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy listening to my cover!




Lyrics
Somewhere over the rainbow way up high
There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby
Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow bluebirds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow.
Why then, oh, why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow.
Why, oh, why can't I?

2 comments:

  1. *cries* I'm so sorry about your classmate...

    But that solo was really good! That was my favorite song ever growing up! My parents say that I used to dress up as Dorothy everyday and I even wore it to church XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay, thank you for sympathies!

    Oh that is adorable <3
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete