Tuesday, January 3, 2017

A B-Day and a Feast Day

First off, here's one big happy birthday to my favorite fantasy writer and huge inspiration, Mr. John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, on what would have been his twelfty-fifth birthday!

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say thank you very much for all you've done, and may you rest in peace.

Participate in the Tolkien Birthday Toast today at 9pm.  Details can be found here.

Image result for tolkien
Endicott Studio

Today is another special day because it is the feast day of my name saint, St. Genevieve.  (My name, Jennifer, is a Celtic derivative of the French name Genevieve).

Image result for st genevieve
Wikipedia

Read more about this awesome saint here!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Feast Day to you! It's also the feast of the Holy Name of Jesus - two wonderful feasts on the same day!

    And Happy Birthday to J.R.R. Tolkien! The world is a much better place because he lived in it, and his beautiful sub-creation has enriched my life more than he ever could have imagined. I hope he is resting in peace.

    - Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't know it was also that feast day! Awesome!
      I totally agree with you :)

      Delete