Saturday, December 31, 2016

Top 10 Books of 2016

The new year is wrapping up, and it's time to recap my favorite books I read for the first time in 2016.  These are books I read 2016, not necessarily books published in 2016.  I don't think I read a single book published this year...what can I say?  I like old books and I cannot lie.

Let's jump right in.

#10: The Philosophy of Tolkien

By: Peter J. Kreeft

Image result for the philosophy of tolkien

#9: The Divine Comedy

By: Dante Alighieri



#8: Witness to Hope

By: George Weigel 

Image result for witness to hope

#7: Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien

By: Humphrey Carpenter

Image result for letters of j.r.r. tolkien

#6: The History of the Medieval World

By: Susan Wise Bauer

Image result for history of the medieval world

#5: Le Fantome de l'Opera

By: Gaston Leroux

Image result for le fantome de l'opera

#4: Screwtape Letters

By: C.S. Lewis

Image result for screwtape letters

#3: Les Miserables

By: Victor Hugo

Image result for les miserables book cover

#2: War and Peace

By: Leo Tolstoy

Image result for war and peace book anthony briggs

#1: The Once and Future King

By: T.H. White

Image result for once and future king

My reviews of all the books I read over the course of 2016 are available in the Book Nook.

4 comments:

  1. These look like good books! I've started The Once and Future King but I haven't finished it yet. So far I've loved every bit of it though! It has such a whimsical voice, and yet it can also be very serious, which makes for an engaging read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just adore it...and the ending *wipes tear*
      You absolutely MUST report back when you finish it :D

      Delete
  2. A late comment(obviously), but yess!

    LES MIS. AHHH. I'm glad I found some one on the internet who loves it as much as I do. :D

    And The Screwtape Letters and The Once and Future King are on my TBR list, so I'm happy to see your endorsement. ;)

    Also, I see you're reading The Book Thief! My mom started reading it out-loud to my sister and I, but since we were making slow progress and I was eager to read it myself(and since my sister didn't like it too well), I'm going to finish it on my own. Hopefully soon! We'll have to trade opinions once we've both read it.

    (P.S. I'm sorry I haven't been commenting much lately. :/ Hopefully I'll be more frequent during the summer...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'm glad we have a lot of books in common we're reading!! You're absolutely right; we need to trade opinions when you finish The Book Thief.

      Oh no problem, things are busier for me this time of year also :)

      Delete