Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Things I Think as I Fall Asleep

Hmm why don't I have a conversation with myself in French?

Why are my feet so cold?  Do I have poor blood circulation?

Should I write a novel about that?

Um, did I do my homework...?

This pillow is super hard.

Are my fingers cold due to poor blood circulation?

Should I make myself some hot tea?

Image result for artsy tea photo
Favim.com

Why aren't I falling asleep?

What did I get on that test?  I'll check right now.

Maybe I should watch another NCG video.

I think I need to finish reading my book.

Is the reason the tip of my nose is cold because of poor blood circulation?

Image result for artsy photo of book
artsy forager

Did I make my lunch for tomorrow?

If I fall asleep now, I'll get eight hours of sleep.  Okay now it's seven hours and fifty-nine minutes.

I should try to talk to new people at school tomorrow...hmm.

I should exercise for awhile tomorrow.

Image result for exercise photo
Texas Rock Gym

Are my ears cold because of poor circulation?

Fingernails don't have nerve endings.  Interesting.

WHY ON EARTH AM I SO COLD?

8 comments:

  1. And I thought I was the only one that thought things like this 0_0
    Thanks for maing me feel less like a weirdo :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, the one about counting down the amount of time you will sleep! I do that all the time (when I am actually getting up at a reasonable hour the next morning....) And then you never get to sleep, because all you can think about is how your time to sleep is just drifting away. And that terrifying moment when you are having trouble sleeping, and you start thinking "what if I never sleep? I'm already miserable and I feel like I'm going insane and I'm so restless what if this lasts all night?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do that calculating-how-long-you-can-sleep thing too. A pointless ad exhausting excercise... ;D
    It sounds like you need a heater in your room. And a heat-pack! If you sew some rice or wheat into a cloth bag and stick it into the microwave for a while, it heats up and stays warm for quite a bit. Perfect for snuggling up with on a cold winter's night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom uses those when her back is sore and it's pretty effective. I never thought of using it at night though, thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  4. NCG as in New Catholic Generation? I love that channel! Oh and I always end up calculating how long I'll be able to sleep too... mainly it's just a depressing exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! New Catholic Generation is amazing :D
      True, true.

      Delete