Thursday, December 15, 2016

PP: Rey Skywalker Confirmed (Almost)

Palantir Podcast


My theory is that Luke Skywalker is Rey's father, and in this episode I explain why I believe that with evidence from Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens.

I will have a more precise transcript of this podcast shortly (assuming the impending snowstorm doesn't completely bury my house and cut me off from the internet ;)

The podcast may not appear on mobile devices.

See the archive for more Palantir Podcasts!

video

2 comments:

  1. I just sort of assumed that he was her father, not because I am some sort of wild genius, but because I actually don't think that people who did a remake of New Hope have the creativity to think of anything else. I hope they prove me wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I don't think Force Awakens was merely a remake of New Hope. It has a ton of similarities, but I mean, franchises always do. All the Indiana Jones movies have parallels, but they each bring something new to the table and stay fresh. I think FA incorporated enough of the stuff people liked from the original trilogy, omitted the junk from the prequels people didn't like, and added some fresh characters into the mix. With that said, my need for everything to fit exactly into place and match causes me to really want Luke to be the father.

      Delete