Sunday, October 9, 2016

Top 10 Ways to Spot a Writer


1. They have a pen or pencil tucked behind their ear or stuck in their hair for easy access

2. They stare off into space a lot contemplatively 

3. They don't participate in conversations, but later are able to recall every detail of what was said

4. They start laughing quietly to themselves while leaning over a notebook or typing on a laptop

5. Most days they don't bother to do their hair or put on makeup

6. They've asked you once or twice to get them food because they're "busy" even though it looks like they are just sitting in their room

7. They have no sleeping pattern--some nights they are up until two writing, other nights they fall asleep in disappointment at eight

8. You hear them listening to the same song over and over and over...

9. They constantly have the following tabs open: dictionary.com, thesaurus.com, youtube.com, pinterest.com, gmail.com, and an inspirational blog post for when they can't write anymore

10. Their main diet consists of popcorn, leftovers, coffee, pizza, cereal, bread, and chips

Image result for writer meme
www.pinterest.com


Image result for writer meme
thewritersblockblog.blogspot.com
Image result for writer meme
cfalinhammond.wordpress.com

6 comments:

  1. NUMBER 3, finally someone understands. I've accidentally creeped people out by just staring at them for several minutes, except that I'm not LOOKING at them, I'm looking through them.
    I never wear makeup (except for plays) but I love playing with my hair.
    I would say that my main diet is tea, leftovers, and if I am in the middle of writing something: Quesadillas.
    This is so accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is WOW. I relate to a lot of this stuff.

    I used to do #1 but I don't anymore... numbers 4,5,8, and 9 I do for sure. The rest aren't really steady habits of mine. That Slow Writer's Process though XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yay we share the same writing struggles XD

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh most if not all apply to me and my sister on our free time! Staring of into space is what I do,but my sister Fawnabelle listens to the same song over and over ALL DAY! I can only do that with They're taking the hobbits to Isengard XD
    ---Liah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah no, now you've got that song stuck in my head! They're taking the Hobbits to Isengard-gard-gard...XD

      Delete