Sunday, October 2, 2016

Homecoming

I'm Back!

Gee whiz golly, I've been busy.  I'm sorry I haven't been posting lately.

Tennis season just wrapped up and homecoming week kept me pretty busy after school.  But now I'm back with words to say!

Image result for typing gif
giphy.com

Novel Progress:

I may have a chapter done.  Here are the stats for what I have so far:
  • Word count: 3031
  • Estimated reading time: 16 minutes
  • Estimated speaking time: 25 minutes
  • Dale-Chall Readability level: 9th-10th grade
I feel like this is a good length for a first chapter, what are your thoughts?  

I am very, very happy with the readability level--it's my exact target audience.  Specifically, I'm writing my book like it's for a 9th or 10th grade English class to read and annotate and write essays on.  

I found this awesome website that does all the word counts and calculation for you which I have been checking often to see my progress.

Image result for writing
www.theodysseyonline.com

Homecoming!

I didn't really have set homecoming plans until midway through homecoming week, but I ended up going to both the football game and the dance.  I went to the game with my friends Ben and Kolby (you'll know them from the podcast) and it was actually really fun.  I don't know that much about football, but I was still able to follow the game.  

We stood in the section with all the other students so everyone was doing different cheers and it was a great time.  Our team ended up totally demolishing the opposition with touch-down after touch-down.

Then Saturday was the dance.  I met up with my friend Anna a long time before the dance was set to start and did her hair and we got ready together.  Then my friends Adamson, Kolby, and Ania joined us for pictures and dinner and we went off to the dance.

I was expecting the dance to be loud and annoying with lots of music I didn't know and sweaty teenagers, but it was actually really cool.  The cafeteria was totally transformed with lots of lights and I had a ton of fun dancing.

Homecoming = thumbs up.

Image result for pride and prejudice dancing gif
rebloggy.com
Oh, and I got a Pinterest but I have no idea how to work it.  I'm going to be working on that this week :)

2 comments:

  1. Is that gif from... Emma? Total guess. I've only seen the Emma with Kate Beckinsale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's actually from Pride and Prejudice. It's hard to tell because the people in this shot are just extras.

      Delete