Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Book Marathon Day XI and XII

Flight to the Ford

Forgive me for not posting yesterday--I was surprisingly chosen to play in a tennis match I was not planning on participating in (which was terribly unnerving and completely threw me off my game; the match went horribly bad).  Because of that, I spent a total of 13 hours of my day at school which meant I desperately needed to get my homework done quickly and get to bed.

Image result for tennis match frustration
www.dailymail.co.uk
When you just don't know why your ground strokes are all just a little bit shy of the baseline...

Also, I didn't have much time to read because of the change of plans.  I've only advanced a couple chapters.

Oh before I forget--I changed my profile picture.  That's me and my sister Molly (I'm the one in the orange sun-glasses).  This photo was taken a couple years ago (and my hair is all wet and not really the same color) so I look a bit different, for the record.  I just wanted to let you know that because it sometimes bothers me when there are two people in a profile picture and I don't know which one is the actual person.  

I have to say, Strider is so mysterious in these early stages and I can't help but think that the reason for this is because Tolkien himself stated he had not planned Strider's character and was basically flying by the seat of his pants after Bree.  I think it's so impressive Tolkien was able to just keep on writing and make everything fit in at the end without much pre-planning.

Image result for around here he's known as strider
www.pinterest.com

Well, I'm off to go do more geometry (yay for intersecting parallelograms ;), but first, let me congratulate Chaeli Borchers for earning the title "A Merry Fellow" for answering yesterday's trivia question correctly.  

Today's challenge is:

Name three of Strider's other names.

First person to answer correctly wins the title "a stout fellow" for a day.  Good luck!

4 comments:

  1. (let me know if you already got a comment like this because I thought I answered last night but it's not showing up...)

    I'm really sorry about your tennis game! That's really too bad... :( But I have to ask: are those Giants sunglasses that you're wearing in the new profile pic? They look just like mine...

    1) Aragorn, son of Arathorn 2) Elessar 3) The DĂșnedain and 4) (in case the first doesn't count) Elfstone. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, no I only got one comment.

      That's okay, I just have to shake it off :)
      No, I'm pretty sure they're just generic sunglasses.
      Good guesses!! See tomorrow's post for the winner :D

      Delete
  2. Wow! You've progressed in the marathon WAY better than I have. I'm probably going to have to go to bed with the books and a flashlight. I still have hope though!

    I'm really sorry I haven't been around in forever. Things have not been less crazy than the last time I told you this lol...

    Oh no! That's too bad about your match. I hate surprises like that. And lately, I've been getting a lot of them. Oh well, it's probably the only way to get me out of my comfort zone so I guess it's benefiting me in the long run :/

    THREE?! I'm going to put the best one first... 1. Thorongil (learned this one recently) 2. Estel 3. Aragorn II

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, there is NOTHING wrong with going to bed with books and a flashlight ;)

      Oh, I hope things stay manageable and don't worry--I've been slacking off a bit on blogging too...

      Way to be positive!

      Ooh, very good! See tomorrow's post for the winner!

      Delete