Thursday, September 22, 2016

Happy Hobbit Day!

Today is of course Bilbo and Frodo's birthdays, and it's official Hobbit Day around the world!

This morning my mom made me a yummy "first breakfast" before she went to work which was perfect for a Thursday morning.

I brought Lembas for all my friends at school and it was a fantastic time.

Now I have to go--Dad's been working on the computer so I have to use the iPad to type (which I strongly dislike, hence the short post).  Tomorrow I have a fabulous episode of the Palantir podcast for you all, so make certain to check back!!



Oh, and a sneak peak of my new novel, the Last Generation.

     I find that men who are most convinced of their prevailing intellect are often the most nonnescient of us all.  Leo Tolstoy once wrote, “All we can know is that we know nothing.  And that is the summit of human wisdom.”
     Of all the great fools throughout mankind’s adventure who have lived both on Earth and above it, I am positively and inextricably convinced I am the worst.  I am not particularly or specially stupid, or at base I hope I am not, but one fact I am undeniably, positively, and certainly convinced of, is that I am brilliantly and indefatigably a fool; for to be a fool is to be fooled, and I have been fooled my entire life.

Copyright Me

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to the Bagginses!!

    We had Sauerkraut with sausages, beets, rolls and Apple Cider Doughnuts with Spiced Apple Cider for dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Hobbit Day! :D I didn't know there was such a thing... I can always count on learning new things when I come here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! And the excerpt from your novel sounds excellent! You write very well.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, same to you! Aw, that's so nice of you to say!

      Wow, that means a lot coming from such a great writer as yourself :D

      Delete
  3. Happy belated Hobbit Day! Happy birthday to Bilbo and Frodo (aka My Favorite Character)! Sadly, I had a lot going on and couldn't do anything special to celebrate the occasion, but I didn't forget the date. My best friend pointed out that it was particularly special this year because it fell on a Thursday, just like it does in the book. Wow!

    Now I'm really excited about re-reading the book! I just finished "The Silmarillion" (I would have been done sooner if I hadn't been reading multiple books at once, like I always do) and am about to start "The Hobbit."

    Your novel excerpt is quite impressive. And what a great idea to bring lembas to school!

    - Ellen Gianna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh, fascinating, I didn't notice that it was a Thursday!

      Very nice, hope it goes well :)

      Thanks a bunch!!

      Delete