Friday, August 12, 2016

Elven Wedding Dresses

www.pinterest.com
I like this one, especially the bodice with the beautiful beading and the classic square neck design.  Without a shadow of doubt in my mind, the sleeves steal the show on this dress.  They're medieval, but still fashionable and I'm absolutely in love with them.  The beading down the center and the sides creates the illusion of an over-skirt and makes the wearer look like they have longer legs (especially important since the bodice cuts low).

www.calligraphicstudio.com

This one doesn't have as full of a shape as the last one, but I do like the sheer fabric, and how it covers all the way down the hands.


www.fennwoodhills.com
I like the sheer fabric again, especially as it pertains to the top (I like how it extends to the neck as well) and the sleeves have a flourish but it's not too impractical.

www.pinterest.com
This one has gorgeous sleeves, but I wonder how it would look if it wasn't dramatically blowing.  I like how the skirt pools around the floor, but the top is a bit plain and I don't like that type of strap and it's too plain and open on the top.  The wrapping on the bodice looks alright though it sort of made me think of a mummy when I first saw it.

www.fennwoodhills.com
This one is so pretty!  I love the sheer fabric and the light, draping skirt.  The one thing I'm not a fan of is the v-neck.  I think it would have looked better with a scoop or square neck.

www.rivendellbridal.com
This one is different because it has a darker color, which I'm not a huge fan of.  I like the shape of the skirt and how it has a nice train, but the sleeves look a bit haphazard to me; like they're made out of gauze or something.

weddingdressesbilder.blogspot.com

This one has a nice neck and sleeves and was clearly inspired by Lord of the Rings.  Overall it's simple but elegant.  One thing I would change, however, is the type of fabric used.  This fabric appears very shiny and loose from the picture and I prefer heavier and more substantial fabric.

Which one of these Elven-inspired-dresses is your favorite?

16 comments:

  1. All of them aren't showing up. Of the ones i can see though, the top one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, but as of right now, those missing pictures cannot be fixed as Lover of Lembas is away on vacation. As soon as she gets back, she will fix them.

      Delete
    2. Hi Erudessa! Sorry about that...I think it's a problem with the HTML connection but I will work on fixing it. I've been away for awhile so my friend Adamson has been running the comments, which explains the above comment.

      Delete
    3. :) Ok, new opinion! My favorite is #2!!!

      Delete
  2. I have the same problem as Erudessa- not all of the pictures will show. But I think that the top one really is my favorite! All of them are beautiful, of course. I wish I could see the rest so I could make a more informed decision!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, but as of right now, those missing pictures cannot be fixed as Lover of Lembas is away on vacation. As soon as she gets back, she will fix them.

      Delete
    2. Sorry, Emmarayn--like I told Erudessa I think it's something with the HTML connection but I'm working on it. I agree, the top is my favorite too (even of the ones that you can't see :)

      Delete
  3. I also can't see all of them, but the top one is my favorite and that is now my wedding dress!! (Whenever I get married, of course). I also like the one with the V-neck, and I agree that it would look better with a scoop-neck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, but as of right now, those missing pictures cannot be fixed as Lover of Lembas is away on vacation. As soon as she gets back, she will fix them.

      Delete
    2. Okay real Lover of Lembas here (my friend has been running the comments while I've been on vacation), I'm working on fixing the pictures; sorry about that! Ooh, the top one is my favorite too!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I do not. Do you recommend I get one? It looks interesting...

      Delete
    2. Weeeellllllll......it's a bit of a black hole that just sucks you in! But it is also really nice for collecting ideas, inspiration and things like that. Really, really useful. If you get it, I'm on there as Maid of the West. My avatar is a sunflower.

      Delete
    3. Alright, perhaps I'll look into it :)

      Delete