Monday, August 22, 2016

Devotional Stories for Little Folks (Books 1 and 2) Review

Mild Spoilers Ahead

Devotional Stories for Little Folks is a series of short stories and moral lessons written by Nancy Nicholson.  Most of the stories center around the Peterson family, Mother, Father, Seth, Meg, Greg, and Becca.
www.junglekey.co.uk
The stories are very versatile as they can be used for reading enjoyment, moral teaching, even primary reading practice.

I particularly love the moral lessons and how there are discussion questions at the end of each chapter.

My favorite character is Greg, without a doubt.  He's so charming but he is always getting into trouble.  I can't believe all the frustration he causes!
www.thriftbooks.com
Two of my favorite stories from these little devotionals are the one where Greg has to go the emergency room because he has a seizure in his sleep, and the one where the kids make poster during Lent.  The first is the most dramatic and the first time I read it I was genuinely scared for Greg (spoiler: he is okay), plus that one has has a lesson that I really relate to.

The second is about how the kids make poster with the crown of thorns on it and throughout Lent, every time they do something nice for someone else, they draw a little flower on the end of the thorn.  I was so struck by this when I read it as a little kid that I actually convinced my family to do that also and it was pretty cool.

All in all, these two books are extremely cute and the perfect little companions for every day life.  I recommend them wholeheartedly.

Have you read Devotional Stories for Little Folks?  Who is your favorite kid to read about?

Are you going to read Devotional Stories for Little Folks?  Why did you decide to read it?

No comments:

Post a Comment