Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Book Marathon: One Month More

First things first: today is day one two of Blog-ust.  Yesterday I could not stop reading and then I realized it was late at night and I hadn't blogged.

letstalkaboutspainbaby.wordpress.com

Soooo I didn't get a chance to explain what Blog-ust is because I was half-way asleep, plus it was about time I put up a nice LOTR quote for you all which I have not done for awhile.

So, Nimrodel, you say: you still haven't told us--what in Middle-earth is Blog-ust?

The answer is: I dunno.

I just like the word (it's like August but Blog-ust, you know?).

I've decided it's going to be a special month dedicated to quality blog posts before I head back to school in September and may or may not have as much time to blog (I'll still blog every day though).  Yay, a use for my word!  And a snazzy little logo-thing!



But now for the real important stuff.

We're one month away...

...exactly 31 days to go...

...until....

BOOK MARATHON ROUND 2!!!!



Some old-timey readers may remember the intense 20 day book marathon that took place last year (who am I kidding; I had no readers at that time last year *facepalm*).  Basically I read The Silmarillion, The Hobbit, and The Lord of the Rings in only 20 days between September 2nd (the anniversary of Tolkien's death) and September 22nd (Hobbit day, aka Bilbo and Frodo's birthdays).

I made this little bookmark template and buttons and it was pretty great.  I hope that you'll all join me for the book marathon in a month!  The reason I'm letting you all know about this super early is so you have a chance to finish whatever books you're working on and buckle down for the marathon.

There are a couple ways you can participate in the marathon.  You can either a) keep checking back here throughout and sharing your progress via a comment or b) take this like a "tag" and write your updates on your own blog--you can take the picture below as the tag-picture-thingy (what are those called?).

I'll be updating y'all every day of the marathon and I hope that you keep me up to date with where you are in the books as well.  It's going to be awesome!

Keep checking back throughout the coming month for book mark templates, tips for your marathon and how to have maximum enjoyment, and other ideas for how to make this the best book marathon ever!

Are you going to marathon with me?  Comment below if you're planning on it!  "I bid you stand, readers of the West!!"

14 comments:

  1. Actually I just finished The Lord of the Rings today. I've been reading it once a year or so since about 1976 and it is always good. Good being too mild a word, though, it's much more than that.

    I really need to reread The Silmarillion. It's been awhile. Not because it isn't good but because I cry too much when I'm reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have strong enough adjectives in my vocabulary to describe how good The Lord of the Rings is ;)

      Ah yes, always an emotional read. Well you can certainly join in on the marathon and just focus on The Silmarillion if you'd like :)

      Delete
  2. Wow 20 days. You basically have to stay inside and read all day!
    I've been re-reading Tolkien's books since early June so unfortunately I can't participate :( Now I'm in the beginning of the Return of the King.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there's nothing wrong with that ;)
      Actually last year it wasn't so bad--maybe an hour or two each day.
      Ah, darn. Well maybe next year :)

      Delete
  3. Oh wow!! I have done the whole trilogy in one month (combine all the books and there are a total of 62 chapters), but I've never tried this. I might MIGHT be able to do it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it, Erudessa!! It's a challenge, but it's fun to do it with other people :D

      Delete
  4. Man, 20 days for the whole series! That's impressive. :D The Hobbit's a fairly quick read, but the rest... *slow clap*

    Are you still accepting guest blog entries? I was thinking about sending you one, but I haven't thought of anything so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! Ironically during last year's marathon it took me longest to read The Hobbit since I a) underestimated how long it would take and then procrastinated and b) don't like it as much as the others and wasn't as eager to read it.

      Oh yes, please do! I'd love to read what you have to say :)

      Delete
  5. That gif. XD

    I'm so sorry I haven't written the LotR music analysis yet. I'm waiting for the CDs to come in through the library. Is it too late to send it in within the next few weeks?

    As for your book marathon, it looks very fun, but between school and sleep(haha, the two things in my life ;D), I don't think I could pull it off. :( However I was planning to start Lord of the Rings late August, so maybe we'll have a bit of overlap in our reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD

      That's totally fine, no worries :)

      Aw, that's okay. Have fun re-reading!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like something that will kill me. Sounds like something I will try. :D I've actually been rereading everything already, but I can start again. It's been a long time since I read any of them straight through anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha XD
      Oh perfect, I'm glad you're joining! It'll be awesome :)

      Delete
  7. Man, that is a great gif XD

    I'll be joining the marathon! Nothing will stop me! Its nice to have a book marathon once in a while and I am going to need one before the new school year too :D

    Sorry I haven't been around lately... this week I've been at a Pro-Life camp from 9 am to 9 pm. Getting home at 10 and only having 7 hours of sleep doesn't give me much time to check Blogger. But Friday is the last day so I'll be back soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks, I just had to find a place to fit it in XD

      Oh goodie! Book marathons are so fun and I'm glad you can join :)

      Oh my, that sounds intense but worthwhile. Hope you have a good time!

      Delete