Wednesday, July 20, 2016

The Palantir Podcast

Finally, the second episode of the Palantir Podcast!  Another fifteen minutes of my weird deep-scratchy-voice (why does it sound so weird when I record it?).

This time I was joined by my mom as a special guest as we discuss why and how The Lord of the Rings has remained popular for so many years.  This episode is a bit calmer and more mellow than the last one, haha.

Mobile viewers and those who receive these posts via email may not be able to play the podcast.  Visit the actual page on a PC for the best listening experience.

And remember to listen to the first episode if you have not already!

video


Links:
The Movie Marathon

The Gandalf Quote I couldn't remember:
“It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succour of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule.”

Leave a comment if you want Emily and I to post our Les Miserables medley for violin and piano when we finish it :)

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, this looks exciting! I haven't listened to it yet, although I will when I get a chance(and then I'll probably write another comment), but for now--

    YES YES! You must post your medley. Definitely. :D (Just out of curiosity, which of you would play the violin and who would play the piano?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great!

      Okay I will! The piano music is too hard for me so I'll play the violin. It includes "At the End of the Day", "I Dreamed a Dream", "Castle on a Cloud", "Do you Hear the People Sing?", "On my Own", "Bring him Home", and "Finale". Now I have to practice really hard so I don't let you down XD

      Delete
  2. So here's my "real" comment--

    Aww, that was so cool to have your mom on! :)

    It's certainly interesting what a wide variety of audiences LotR appeals to, from atheism to Christianity and middle graders to adults. I think part of it has to do with the accessibility provided by the blockbuster movies for people who have less time and patience. Also, I think, because it's so foundational to fantasy worlds today, that people find it more "normal" in a way, than some of the newer, weirder fantasy stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I liked hearing your sister play! It sounds so cool! And that was funny, too: "Don't do that." xD

      Delete
    2. Haha thanks, she was worried she wouldn't know what to talk about, but I think she did pretty well :)

      Definitely, I think that's spot on.

      XD She was working on a new part for the finale so she was not confident about playing that part. Oh, and thank you!

      Delete
  3. How awesome your mom was here for this one! I really enjoyed it!

    Haha, your voice doesn't sound that deep and scratchy... If I ever did a podcast, my voice would probably sound really squeaky and high-pitched! Especially when I laugh lol XD

    Please post the medley! It sounded great from that sneak peek! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Okay, good :D

      I think I will...it is probably going to take a long time to get it going well enough to post, maybe a few months? We'll definitely practice a lot!

      Delete