Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Lord of the Rings Quotes

Just settling in to a nice cup of afternoon tea when I heard about the attack in Belgium.  The particular details about this one hit me in a real way...the elderly priest who could have retired but kept celebrating Mass because it gave him joy, the brutal way the killings happened, and maybe even saddest the fact the attackers were very young teens.

My thoughts are too jumbled and swollen to think right now.

Often times it is easy to think the worst of the world and despair of salvation.  But Sam knows that's not the right route.

likesuccess.com

6 comments:

  1. Haven't heard about the attack, but I definitely understand the sentiment. For me in times of trouble, it's that and also the fact that there's a Queen song (or a part of a Queen song) that reflects the feeling too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's another horrible terrorist attack--this time it involved two teenagers interrupting Mass in Belgium and slitting the throat of a priest, a parishioner and the injury of a nun. All very sad stuff :(

      Interesting, do you know the title of the song?

      Delete
  2. One of the most moving quotes from LOTR. One of my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the poetry of it...the imagery of a shaft of light piercing the dark, and the star above the clouds...it's just beautiful.

      Delete
  3. I hadn't heard of the attack, but that's terribly sad! And yet the quote accurately fits my thoughts in dark times. Thank God for the little glimpses of hope that remind us of His power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. I rediscovered this quote at a really hard time (after the attack) and I can't help but think that somehow God put it in my path because he knew how I would be feeling and that I would need to read those words.

      Delete