Monday, July 11, 2016

Daily Quote Challenge I

The talented Emmarayn Redding of Writing in Rivendell has nominated me for the Daily Quote Challenge.  The rules are as follows:

1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Nominate 3 new bloggers everyday
3. Post a new quote everyday for three consecutive days

Thank you Emmarayn for nominating me!

I will be nominating Rose, The Author, and Meredith to do this challenge today.

Because my blog is Lord of the Rings themed, I'm going to do a quote from The Silmarillion the first day, The Hobbit the second day, and The Lord of the Rings on the final day.  I'm also going to do an additional quote each day, however, from a random source since there are a lot of non-LOTR quotes I would like to share.

So, without further ado, the Silmarillion quote.

"For if joyful is the fountain that rises in the sun, its springs are in the wells of sorrow unfathomable at the foundations of the Earth.”

Today's non-LOTR quote:

"I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination." -Jimmy Dean

www.tumblr.com

7 comments:

  1. Nice! Good quotes, both of them. I love the gif of the hand and the lily. What's it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I don't actually know, I just found it on Tumblr.

      Delete
    2. It is from the movie 'Atonement' from this scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkF3M_FE4MM

      Delete
  2. The writing in Silmarillion really is much more poetic than in LOTR (if that is even possible), but not even that can budge LOTR from it's place of honor at the top of all my lists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both beautiful works in their different ways :D

      Delete