Friday, June 10, 2016

Top 5 Reading Places


1. Bed!
Shout out to all my fellow librocubicularists who understand that there are few things better than curling up in bed with a good book and a steamy cup of coffee or tea next to you.  My favorite time to do this is late at night and really early in the morning when the house is silent and I can lose yourself easily into the story.  There's only one problem with this--when I find a really good quote I want to write down I have to get out of my cozy bed and go find a notebook and pencil!
























2. A Tree
Not much can compare to the feeling of being high in the branches of your favorite climbing tree cracking open your favorite book.  I love the sound of rustling leaves--especially when I'm reading about an adventure or the Ents.  Something about the excitement of the outdoors inspires me.  When I expressed my love for reading in trees, my friends teased me saying, "You're reading a dead tree while sitting in a tree!"























3. A Dock
Can it get any better than sipping iced tea while flipping through your favorite paperback, with your toes trailing lightly through the lake water?  One of my favorite parts of a trip to a lake is laying sprawled out on a wooden dock as the sun sets.  But you have to make sure to keep your camera with you in case a loon or crane comes sauntering by.

4. In the Rain
One day, when it's pouring rain and you can hear it through your roof, go outside and sit under the eaves of your house.  Read a good mystery, a romance, or a poem and you'll never see the rain the same again.
5. Alone
You can read by yourself, but you'll never be alone.

10 comments:

  1. All of these are fantastic places to read a book!

    But let's not forget these other common places:

    In the middle of a doorway when you should be on your way out...
    On the floor in front of the book case because you're too engrossed to move to a chair...
    Standing between the shelves of a library until you suddenly realize you've had to go to the bathroom for half an hour...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! Once, at the university library, I found a really old copy of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight in Middle English and I sat down right in the middle of the aisle and read the entire thing. Reading is great anywhere, I suppose, as long as you have a good book!

      Delete
  2. I <3 this post, it conjures up such lovely, peaceful images. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! As I was writing it, I was tempted to stop and go read...XD

      Delete
  3. Ah! yes!! Few places are better then Bed!! Bed is the only place that you can stay up until 4:00 in the morning to finish a book. I don't usually have anything to drink with me though.

    A Tree is sweet. Sadly there aren't really and climbing trees on my property.

    I haven't ever gotten to try the Dock.

    Nor have I done the Rain! Well, the going outside part. We don't have a place where I couldn't sit and not get wet.

    Yes. You are never alone!! I don't often like being around people while I am reading! Unless I am reading aloud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite the opposite on that last point--I only read aloud when no one is listening. Wouldn't want anyone to hear the (horrible) accents I assign to each character in the story!

      Delete
    2. I often read aloud to my little siblings.

      And I love your new look.

      Delete
    3. Oh, I see. I'm the youngest so the only kids I ever read to are my nephews and usually my sister wants to read to them instead of me.

      Oh thank you!

      Delete
    4. Well I have 6 younger siblings, so...... ;)

      Delete