Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The Palantir Podcast

Exciting news, everyone!  Lover of Lembas is now presenting the very first episode of The Palantir Podcast, a monthly podcast focused on creating interesting conversations surrounding The Lord of the Rings and Tolkien in general.  In this episode, my sister Emily and I discuss our favorite characters in a lighthearted and thoughtful manner.

Prepare to hear about some characters who you may be surprised are our favorites, a random digression about Nerdanel courtesy of Emily, and a brief tiff concerning pronunciation.

By the way, the audio is a bit muffled in the beginning but I assure you it gets a lot better throughout the podcast.  Oh and those wheezing sounds are me laughing--it sounds a bit weird over the audio :)

Mobile viewers and those who receive these posts via email may have  hard time seeing the video, so I would recommend listening on a PC.  Sorry for the inconvenience!

Memorable quote from the podcast: "Maybe I'm just too weak minded..."


video


Links:
My Favorite Character post
Sauron vs. Melkor debate
The Hobbit Lifestyle debate


Why "Palantir Podcast"?

As I explain briefly in the podcast, the name was chosen because the Palantiri are used by Sauron, the Numenorians, and some Elves to communicate with people far away.  This podcast communicates with lots of people far away from where we record it just as the Palantiri did.  Look into the Palantir and you will learn much, young Hobbits...mwahahaha (fine, I promise listening to this podcast will not corrupt you like the Palantiri would. ;)  Hope you enjoy!



Suggestions for topics, any tech support you can offer (desperate need!) and general comments you have are very welcome and Emily and I are both eager to receive your feedback.  Cheers, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. I really liked this podcast--pretty insightful but funny too! I was surprised about which characters you chose. My favorites are: Gandalf from the fellowship and Feanor in The Silmarillion. I can't wait for the other podcasts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback! Gandalf and Feanor are mighty interesting characters, that's for sure :)

      Delete
  2. This is so cool! I'm really looking forward to the next one. :D

    Would you mind very much if I *ahem* stole this idea and also posted a podcast of myself on my blog someday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million!

      Haha, not at all! I love listening to podcasts and I'm sure yours will be great :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! I absolutely LOVED this!

    Yeah, I did imagine your voice differently lol XD

    I understand Emily and how she said that everyone likes Sam because he's just the nicest one. I wouldn't say he was a "goodie-goodie" but everyone does love Sam.

    Great job! I am so excited for the next one! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I'm glad you enjoyed it :D

      To be honest my voice sounds a bit different in this podcast than how it usually sounds because I was nervous to record it (my first podcast ever!). Maybe as I get more comfortable recording them it will sound more normal, haha.

      I love Sam :)

      Thanks again! I am hoping to record the next one tonight, actually, so hopefully it will be up in the next week.

      Delete
  4. NO! Idril is not 2D! If she hadn't seen the danger coming to Gondolin and built the passage out, then Earendil would not have survived, and Elrond and Elros and all the Half-Elven and the Kings of Numenor and Aragorn and everyone would never have been born! IDRIL IS IMPORTANT!

    Rant over XD My absolute favourite character ever is Aragorn. From the Silm there are too many great characters to pick from, but I especially love Fingolfin and Hurin because of the way they defied and mocked Morgoth to his face. THEY. WERE. AWESOME.

    (I laughed so hard when Emily said she likes saying FINgolfin because it's cute! But yup, definitely FinGOLfin, NerDANel, FinARFin. I am pretentious about pronunciation too :D )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh certainly Idril is important (she is my favorite after all!) I just meant that she isn't the most dynamic character XD

      Ah, I like Aragorn also. In the book he comes across as a bit arrogant to me, but he has his reasons. Oh yes! I especially like Fingolfin ^_^

      Haha :D

      Delete