Monday, May 9, 2016

LOTR Week: Would You Rather

Note to self: do not use the Blogger app. It will mess up the order of your posts.  This post was originally published 5/9/16 but republished 5/10/16.  For the post intended for 5/10/16, see "Post LOTR".

The wonderful Erudessa Anduriel let me know that a Lord of the Rings celebration was going on without me!  Luckily she warned me in time and I can participate in Cordy's Lord of the Rings week.  Go over and check her posts.


Today's tag is Would You Rather: Lord of the Rings Edition.  Here goes nothing.

1. You have been tasked with your own quest, your own fellowship has been gathered, and you have the pick of one last member, would you rather choose Eomer or Imrahil to join you on your journey? (Imrahil is a member of the Dunedain.)
Both have their merits, but I would choose Prince Imrahil. He has some Elvish blood stirring in him which is always helpful.

2. Would you rather have to track an army of Uruk-Hai, or climb the 'stairs'?

Um, definitely the Uruk-hai. More chances of finding food in a field rather than rocky stairs, more likely to be successful actually finding a giant pack of creatures rather than evading Ringwraiths and Shelob, and running is less strenuous than climbing sheer rock stairs.

3. Who would you rather, slap/shake/glare, some sense into, Denethor or Wormtongue?

Denethor.  Wormtongue is a fail by his own fault, but Denethor got corrupted from trying to help others.  He was looking into the Palantir to try and find Sauron's plan so he could better protect his people.  Obviously he did things wrong, but he was so close to doing the right thing and succeeding.

Plus, Wormtongue's problem is deceit, while Denethor struggles with despair--something I find more relatable, and therefore pitiable.

4. Would you rather attend Bilbo's birthday and have to dance a jig or have to sing a solo at Aragorn's coronation? 

JIG!  That Irish river-dancing practice will finally shine through!

(For the record, I used to do river-dancing in my basement when I was little, but I am terrible.) 

5. Would you rather, soar on an Eagle's back to pick-up Frodo and Sam or participate in the last march of the Ents, courtesy of Treebeard's shoulder?

Eagles, eagles, eagles, eagles.  I'm going to get all knocked around on the back of an Ent, but Eagle rides I hear are quite comfortable.

6. Would you rather have to face an enraged Oliphant or Shelob?

Oliphaunt, all the way.  Spiders are spooky!

7. Would you rather have to wear the full armor of Gondor for a day or the full armor of Rohan for a day?

Hmm...they both would be pretty heavy, but Gondorian heraldry is more fashionable ;)

8. Would you rather have an axe or a bow?

Definitely a bow.  Long distance fighting is much better.  Axes require lots of close contact and icky, sticky blood...yeesh.

9.Would you rather visit Lothlorien or Rivendell? 

Rivendell.  I am more of a book person than a high beauty thing.  I would probably be too intimidated by Galadriel, but Elrond seems like the type of grandfatherly figure I could get along with.

10. Would you rather have to get through the Mines of Moria or take the Path of the Dead? (In each situation, you are with Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli. Haha, so, you're not alone!)

Most likely the Mines of Moria.  Considering I'm not travelling with Pippin, it would probably be a pretty stealthy and swift trip through.

11. Would you rather stay and help rebuild the Shire, or sail to the Undying Lands?

Help with the Shire.  Seems like the best way to help others, plus ocean-going is not my favorite thing.

Well, that's all folks.

Pick up this tag if you like and leave a link.
Make sure to leave a Link!

9 comments:

  1. Awesome tag! I think I'll do it. ^_^ I love your answers. I didn't know you liked Riverdance too! That show, and Irish step dancing in general, have been some of my greatest loves since I was two years old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! The dance is just so fun and exciting to watch, plus I love playing the violin music :)

      Delete
  2. Very good answers! And you are very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers! I really liked your thoughts on Denethor -- you're so right that he wasn't evil and mean and horrid to begin with, but was corrupted while trying to do the right thing for his people... just like what happens to Boromir with the ring. Such good insights! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    (Do I call you Lover, or Lembas, or perhaps LoverofLembas?) :)

    Sorry it has taken me so long to get here. I WAY underestimated the response I would receive for this LOTR week. But thanks for joining in!

    3. Interesting take on Denethor... Personally, I have always viewed Denethor as more power hungry than one trying to do the right thing for his people. In this respect I find him far different from his sons. (Both of whom I love in different ways.) I look at it as more arrogance that drove him to try and wield a power that he had no authority over. But, haha, that's just my opinion and I'm glad that you shared yours. I like to see different points of view!
    4. Hey! At least you learned some kind of jig! :D Maybe I would dance my jig by you so that people would be distracted by your skill rather than my lack thereof. ;)
    10. REEEally?! You would take on the mines? You are much braver than I am!!

    Thank you so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      Usually I go by Lembas or LoverofLembas. Not a problem--I'm not surprised this has been a busy week since the games are so fun :D

      Definitely Denethor has issues (not absolving him of anything!) but I suppose I just relate more with his arrogance and desperation than I do with Wormtongue's problems. I think Denethor started out with good intentions but just went WAY too far.

      What if we danced a jig through the mines...? It's practically impossible to be scared while dancing a jig ;)

      Of course; thanks for the game!

      Delete
    2. Bahaha. Dancing through the mines, yeah, that might work. ;)

      Delete