Monday, April 11, 2016

The Infinity Dream Award/Tag

I have been nominated by the ever-wonderful Erudessa Aranduriel of The Flowering Vales for the Infinity Dreams Award/Tag.  Thank you so much!

















Rules: 
  1. Thank the blogger who tagged you.
  2. Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
  3. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
  4. Tag 11 bloggers and give them 11 questions to answer.
11 Facts
  1. I have only ever had two pets--both fish.  Three of my sisters and I got one fish each when we were little: one got a "baby shark", the other got one of those fish that clean the tank by sucking the scum off the side, and I got a rainbow fish.  Unfortunately, the baby shark ate the tank-cleaning one, so we got rid of them.  We were redoing our driveway at the time, so we buried the poor dead fish beneath the driveway before the concrete was poured.  We returned the rainbow fish to the store and released the baby shark into a tiny pond (it's not a real shark for the record).
  2. I have only left the U.S. once--to go to Cancun, Mexico for my sister's wedding (where I got terrible sunburn--so terrible my dress for the wedding was painful to wear on my shoulders!)
  3. I have been on a plane twice (four times if you count "there and back again").  
  4. When I was really little, my dream job was to become a nun and then a martyr.  I'm still up for becoming a nun if it's my calling and a martyr if necessary!  My other dream jobs as a kid were to become a grocery-clerk or a humpback-whale-neurologist (I'm not even sure why that job would be useful or if it exists...)
Free stock photo of sea, ocean, dangerous, animals

       5.  I shared a room and a bunk bed with my sister until I was twelve.
       6.  I like my coffee black and my tea strong (you knew there would be either a coffee or tea related fact on here!).
       7.  I have seen every episode of Even Stevens, Boy Meets World, Sherlock, Food Network Star, The Middle, the Redwall mini-series and I'm sure there are other shows I am forgetting about.
       8.  I once knitted a hot-pad (I can sense your awe ;).
       9.  I often play my violin at Mass.
     10.  I advanced to the global level of competition for teamwork and improvisation skills twice.
     11.  When I clean my room, I push everything into the living room and meticulously scrub the entire place before moving things back in.  It's kind of a weird strategy, but that's the only way it seems really clean to me--needless to say I only do this a few times a year and just do the regular dusting/vacuuming routine the rest of the time.

11 Questions
     1. What is your earliest memory of reading, or being read to?
I remember my Mom reading the original (and rather creepy!) version of Pinocchio to my sisters and I when we were little.  I remember the Dick and Jane books were the first I could read on my own, and also the Angelina Ballerina books.  My mom constantly read the story of Ferdinand the Bull to my siblings and I--it's her favorite.


     2. Why did you choose to start a blog?
Ooh, good question!  None of my other friends are as into The Lord of the Rings as I am, and I needed a place to share my nerdiness with others who will appreciate it!  One summer day I was bored and I the rest is history.

     3.  Since this is the Infinity Dreams Tag, what is your biggest dream, no matter how out there it may seem?
Well I guess I should say to go to heaven, but if we're talking "in this world" kind of dreams, becoming a professor and visiting Oxford if not studying abroad there for awhile is a major dream of mine, along with starting a family.  I found out today one of my friend's dad is from Oxford and she's been there a few times--she has to bring me with next time!

     4.  Favorite subject in school? (If you in school still. If not, what WAS your favorite subject?)
Hmm...history, I think.  You get to study art, literature, anthropology, geography, war strategies, politics, science, and math all in one class!

     5.  Where would you live in the world, if you could live anywhere?
I'm pretty happy where I am, but perhaps Oxford, England would be nice.

     6.  How would you describe your personal style?
Medieval-elvish for the clothes I actually get to pick out (I love the long, flowing sleeves, rounded neck lines and draping skirts) but most of the time I wear my sisters' hand-me-downs.

     7.  Who has inspired you? It can be anyone, past, present, fictional, or no.
*Cough, cough* Tolkien.  Anyone surprised?   But also St. Thomas Aquinas who I never would have discovered with out Bishop Robert Barron. 

     8.  Do you prefer open plains, and sparkling beaches, or rugged mountains and wild forests?
Rugged mountains and wild forests for the win, even though high altitude sometimes makes me ill.

landscape, mountains, nature

     9.  If you could meet one celebrity, who would you choose?
Peter Jackson, Viggo Mortensen, Bradley James, Elijah Wood, Pope Francis...man, I can't decide.  I would probably (most likely) be completely and absolutely flustered and make a complete fool out of myself.

     10.  Favorite Disney princess? (Or Disney character if you don't prefer princesses.)
Historically I have favored Ariel from The Little Mermaid and Simba from The Lion King.

     11. Favorite quote?
Ah, the impossible question!  There is no way I can answer this fairly!

Tag 11 Bloggers
I'm going to tag any blogger who wants to try out a tag.  Please leave a link in the comments if you decide to use this tag!

11 New Questions
  1. Favorite restaurant?
  2. Dream house description?
  3. Average time you wake up in the morning?
  4. Favorite type of music/band?
  5. Pizza toppings?
  6. (Re-using this one) Why did you choose to start a blog?
  7. If you were an ice cream flavor, what flavor would you be and why?
  8. Favorite world city?
  9. Have you ever broken any bones?
  10. Any favorite sports or sport stories?
  11. High school colors?
Thanks again to Erudessa for tagging me, and I hope to read some more people who pick up the tag.

I have a special post in the works for tomorrow in which my sister and I debate one of the most important questions (well maybe not the most important) of The Lord of the Rings.  Make sure to check back here tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. As you well know I already did this tag, but I wanted to answer your questions down here.

    Favorite restaurant? // Ummmmm....Well I really like Pizza Pie Cafe.

    Dream house description? // A rambling Farmhouse in the Vermont hills? Or a nice roomy cottage in Ireland.

    Average time you wake up in the morning? // 6:30-7:00

    Favorite type of music/band? // Celtic music. Celtic Thunder.

    Pizza toppings? // Olives, Sausage, and lots of cheese.

    If you were an ice cream flavor, what flavor would you be and why? // I don't know!!

    Favorite world city? // Venice.

    Have you ever broken any bones? // Yes! Some toes.

    Any favorite sports or sport stories? // Well I really like Horse Racing and Football and I am starting to warm up to Baseball. Nope.

    High school colors? // I'm homeschooled.

    ReplyDelete