Sunday, March 6, 2016

New Box Set!

My birthday was a week ago and my wonderful aunt and uncle sent me another box set of CD dramatizations!  They gave me the four CDs that match with The Hobbit and now I have the matching nine CD collection that goes through all of the Lord of the Rings story.  Thank you so much!
I love listening to these as I fall asleep and it's great to have the voices of each of the characters--although they are often very different from the movie voices and the ones I have pictured in my head.

Hey, maybe Tom Bombadil will be in this adaptation!  You never know.  

My aunt and uncle actually went to Marquette University for law school where the first editions of all of The Hobbit manuscripts are kept and I'm trying to convince my sister to go there for school so I can see them.

A couple cool LOTR things happened to me today too.  I went out to brunch with my great aunt and uncle and guess what movie was playing in the restaraunt?  The Two Towers!  Only one of the TV screens in the restaraunt was playing it (the others had sports--yuck ;) and of course it was the one facing right at me.

Also, I had a tricky science test where I had to memorize all kinds of rock names and categories (which I didn't prepare for...) so I was cramming the night before, and to remember, I took each rock name's first letter and matched it to a character's name (for example, conglomerate rock matches up with Celegorm) and made a story about it.  I got 100% on the test.

5 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! Wow, what amazing gifts!

    Lucky! I never go to a restaurant where they're playing LOTR movies...

    Bravo! I will be using that method from now on :D

    I also never understood why rocks are so relevant if I want going to be a scientist but nonetheless I still had to learn about them. So don't feel bad if you don't remember because I don't haha XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you :)

      This is the first time it's ever happened to me!

      The whole time I was doing the rock unit, I was just thinking, "how is this going to help me in my dream job of being an English literature professor?" I'm still not sure, but I got through it ;)
      I took the test a week or so ago and I remember nothing...is that bad? XD

      Delete
    2. Lol, that's so true. I just study to pass the test and nothing more, unless I'm interested.

      Haha no it isn't. It takes me about a week to forget stuff too XD

      Delete
  2. A dramatization, eh? Who is it by? I'd definitely be interested in hearing it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soundelux Audio Pub is the publisher. I believe it originally aired on the radio back in the 70s, but I'm not sure. Here's a link to the Amazon page for The Hobbit version: http://www.amazon.com/The-Hobbit-Dramatization-Tolkiens-Classic/dp/1559351195

      Delete