Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Infinity Dreams Award

Yay, another tag!  I found I had been tagged just as I was scrolling through different posts trying to avoid confronting the fact I had no idea what to write about for today.  But it was Fawnabelle Baggins of Geeky, Nerdy, and Proud of It, who came to my rescue and gave me this award!   Le hannon, Fawnabelle!  And now: into the tag.



Guidelines
  • Use the Infinity Dreams Award picture
  • Thank the blogger who tagged you
  • Tell us 11 facts about yourself
  • Answer the 11 questions
  • Tag 11 bloggers
  • Give 11 questions


11 Facts about Myself
  1. I have six older siblings and my oldest brother is sixteen years older than me (I'm the youngest)
  2. I play the violin and the piano (somewhat, I kind of stopped playing the piano but I still do sometimes)
  3. I am learning to speak Latin
  4. I love Gregorian Chant (a lot)
  5. My dream university is Oxford
  6. I play tennis (singles unless my team needs another doubles pair)
  7. I have only been out of my country once; to Cancun, Mexico for my sister's wedding
  8. I have two nephews and another nephew or niece on the way
  9. I love going for long walks and reading under trees
  10. My favorite animals are horses and humpback whales
  11. When I was little, I ran a "company" which published my writing and drawings called Cooleo
The 11 Questions from Ms. Baggins

1. Favorite dessert?
I love pumpkin pie, but I also adore ice cream...

2. Favorite homecooked meal?
Ooh, that is impossible!  Corned beef and cabbage is my favorite for St. Paddy's day (though we don't have it anytime else because my Irish father hates the smell--go figure).  Cheesy potatoes for Easter dinner are high on the list...ooh, wild rice soup!  Gah, I can't decide.

3. Sun or rain?
Both have their merits, but I might actually go with rain.  I love that pitter-patter sound while I read and I burn in the sun as easily as paper on fire, so I can't always go out if it is super sunny.

4. Cupcakes or cookies?
Cookies!  Chocolate chip to be precise---I'm not much of a cupcake-frosting gal.

bakery, chocolate, dessert

5. Favorite movie and/or musical?
I like Pride and Prejudice (2005) and The Sound of Music (which conveniently is also a musical).

6. Favorite song?
My favorites kind of fluctuate in this area.  Usually I pick a song, listen to it on repeat for a few days and then move on.  Currently I have been listening to Mhysa, a song from Game of Thrones over and over again.  I haven't heard good things about the show itself, but I enjoy the soundtrack.

7. Flats or heels?
Hmm, generally flats, but I just bought a really good pair of heels that go with everything, so I would say flats with exceptions.

8. White or black?
White!  My all-time favorite color (yes I know it's all the colors but that doesn't change anything!  *huffs*

9.Favorite book?
Um, anyone have a guess?


10. Favorite quote/poem?
These questions are killing me!  I love too many poems and quotes to answer this fairly.

11. Favorite TV show?
Merlin has swept the board unexpectedly (I honestly thought I would hate it) but still hanging on are Sherlock and for those times I'm too tired to actually engage, I watch The Middle on ABC.

Tag 11 Bloggers
Yay, time to spread the joy!

Since I'm relatively new to the whole blogging community (and because I don't want to keep bombarding my few blogging friends with tag after tag) I am offering this tag for anyone who is interested in doing it.  All I ask is that you leave a link to your post in your comments so I can read your answers.  Have fun!

11 New Questions
  1. What is your dream vacation spot?
  2. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
  3. Preferred mode of transportation (do you live airplane rides, going on runs, or good old fashioned walks, etc.)?
  4. What is your dream job?
  5. Do you have any short term or long term goals?
  6. Are you an elf, dwarf, man, or hobbit?
  7. If you could start your own business, what would it be?
  8. How did you decide to start a blog?
  9. Where is your favorite place to read?
  10. What is your favorite planet?
  11. What is your opinion of the love triangle trope in literature?
Okie-dokie.  That does it folks.  Thanks again to the wonderful Fawnabelle Baggins for this award, and I look forward to seeing everyone's responses!

4 comments:

  1. Aha! Tibi gratia sunt(Latin for you are welcome)!
    Six older siblings?! Darn, you beat me. I'm the fourth out of five girls. IT'S TORTURE.
    Twins! I want to go to Oxford! But Stuebenville is the next one if I don't get in.
    That thing you said about the sun and paper was hilarious.
    Btw, white is a shade not a color. Not to be a pain but it's just that my sister always says that to anyone she meets who says white is their favorite color. It's hilarious when I see their faces.
    There's so much more I could comment on but I'll leave it at that because commenting is what I do best and I just can't stop XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sisters are awesome (sometimes ;)
      Haha, thank you XD
      As for the question of white, Wikipedia (albeit not the most reliable source) says: "White is an achromatic color, literally a "color without hue", that is a mixture of the frequencies of all the colors of the visible spectrum." Is it a color? Is it a shade? Or possibly a tint? Dunno, but either way it's may fav :)

      Delete
    2. Don't worry I won't tell anyone.

      Yeah that's true. But she learned it and she won't let anyone tell her differently. White's such a nice, um, err, thing to look at XD when I look at white, I think of Heaven...

      Delete
    3. Same. For me, it's the color of purity, the color of First Communion and wedding dresses, the color of puffy clouds and the color of the Tree of Gondor ;)

      Delete