Saturday, March 5, 2016

How You can go to Oxonmoot

Oxonmoot is the largest gathering of Tolkien nerds fans from all around the world.  It happens annually in the city of Oxford, England and is hosted by the Tolkien Society.  It's always been a dream of mine to go to this event.  It features speakers, art shows, dances, and just general Lord of the Rings chats (and you can never get enough of those!).  I have not been able to go yet (it would be very expensive for me to get to Oxford, though I am saving) but that doesn't mean you can't go!
Enjoy Oxonmoot for me *sniffles*

If you happen to have some vacation money (or perhaps live near the area) you should really consider attending this event.  According to the Tolkien Society website, the event spans a week and involves 150-200 people.  This year, the event is set at St Antony’s College Oxford from September Thursday 8th through to Sunday 11th.  If you're interested in going, the sign up sheet is available on the website, link on the picture.

I hope you go and if you do, please let me know about it!  I wish I could go with :)

9 comments:

  1. Oh how fun that sounds! Let me, I mean us, know if you're going and maybe we can meet up there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I ever do go, I will be certain to report back everything!

      Delete
  2. Oh, it would be lovely to go to this someday.... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks really beautiful there--the old buildings, the green grass...*sigh*

      Delete
  3. I. AM. GOING. SOME. DAY!!!!!!!! Probably with my friend who lives in England.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Group road trip! I'll bring the snacks ;)

      Delete
    2. At this rate, we'll make it there for this year's Oxonmoot! XD

      Delete