Saturday, February 20, 2016

Gifts to Make your LOTR Fan Friends Swoon

This is a list of gifts that are sure to make your LOTR-obsessed friends swoon.

1. The Evenstar
This is perfect for that special someone, but also works great for platonic friends.  Arwen's necklace from the movie is sure to convey your feelings of respect and love.  I bought one off of Amazon which a I reviewed briefly here.  

2. Book or Movie Set
Any fan would be happy to add to their collection--whether they're a movie fan or a die hard book addict, I'm sure they will always be delighted to receive a new set of either one.  Of course if they don't have The Silmarillion, The Children of Hurin or the other, more obscure books, those are a great option too.  Try and get a sneak peak of their book shelf to check before getting them a book.  Good indicators that they would like new book or new copies of books are if there are active bookmarks in their current copies (it proves they are still interested in reading!) and/or the covers or pages are ruined (er...I mean, well loved).

3. The Most Adorable Onesie in the History of Onesies

Is this not the cutest thing you have ever seen?  I wanted to get it for my pregnant sister in law, but my mom didn't want her grandson wearing a onesie that referenced the fictional symbol of evil.  My brother thought it was a good idea though--he said that obviously his son would be as precious to him as the Ring is to Gollum...I agree and now my sister is pregnant, I may have to get one.

[photo credit: anniehpilon.blogspot.com]


4. Replicas and Posters
Clearly popular though they can be pricey.

5.  Pillows on the Cheap
For those crafty gift givers looking to get a gift on the cheap, these pillows are perfect.  I for one would just about collapse if I received one of these--they are so adorable!

[Photo credit: rbitencourtusa.deviantart.com]

What is the best LOTR-gift you have ever received?

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE THE 5TH ONE!!! Wow, I missed a lot today! Sorry I've been at the Happiest Place on Earth all day and didn't have my phone. The best LOTR gift I've ever gotten off the extended editions of the DVDs. And TTT. Because that was the last one of the matching collection I needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice! I'm glad you had a fun time! Ooh, extended editions...sweet.

      Delete
    2. Extended edition is the only way to go. Never actually seen the theatricals, but I hear they cut out several of my favorite moments.

      Delete
    3. I'm sorry to admit this, but I've never actually seen the EE! I've seen isolated scenes on YouTube, but never the full thing. What I have seen so far is awesomeness times a million though, so I hope one day I can watch them all the way through.

      Delete
    4. ARE. YOU. SERIOUS. 0_0 You have to watch them! They are SO good... ;D

      Delete
    5. I know, I know, but I don't have a copy :(
      I feel incomplete...

      Delete
  2. Aww, that "My Precious" onesie is so cute! I would definitely have my kid wear one... if I had a kid. Someday!

    I have Arwen's pendant. I love it! Though it has recently come to my attention that I have lost the center jewel. 0_0 Oh well. In the extended versions of the movies, Aragorn broke the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete