Saturday, December 26, 2015

Six and a Half Months Ago Today...

I would have been enjoying the feeling of having the windows open and being able to go outside without any shoes on.  The sun would probably still be out now casting it's last summery rays on my house.

But something important happened six and a half months ago on this day.

One June 11th, 2015 I posted my very first article on this here blog, called My Lord of the Rings Journey.  On that day I had no views, no comments, no followers.  I had no pictures up, I was not following any other blogs and I only had one post.

Little by little I raked in a few views, and I remember one day I saw that I had gotten a view all the way from Indonesia.  I was thrilled and I kept posting every day.  Soon enough I got my first comment (that wasn't from my friend who commented to make me feel better).  I quickly followed my first blog, then another and another until I was really in the network.  Comments kept coming in, posts kept going out, and views kept going up.

Now I think it is time to look back on my blog and how far it has gone from the time when I started.

3,056 views from the U.S., Russia, Germany, France, Canada, Ukraine, Romania, the Netherlands, Poland, and Australia.

5 followers who I am very grateful for.

and 253 comments on

271 posts.

This may not seem like a lot to some people and indeed my friends are perplexed as to why I keep posting everyday.  But people reading this blog and taking the time to listen to my thoughts and even comment really makes all the time I put into it more than worth it.

I guess I just wanted to dedicate this post to all the wonderful readers who inspire me to keep going on this blog and thank them for all they do.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your progress, Mellonin! Glad you're having fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! You're welcome! I love reading your blog so thank you for persistently posting daily :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you like reading my blog! You are always so supportive :)

      Delete