Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

Wow!  Emmarayn Redding of Writing in Rivendell tagged me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award.  I am so honored!  I've been blogging for awhile but it's always a challenge to get new readers and now that I have my first tag, I just feel like a part of the LOTR blogging community!  So thank you so much Emmarayan for tagging me, and let's get started!

The ten questions I shall answer for you today (written by Emmarayan) are as follows:

1. If you were tossed into a fictional world, which genre would you want it to be? (In other words, which would you have the best chance at surviving?)
Well, my favorite genre is medieval lit, but considering the awful mortality statistics concerned with that time period (almost one-third of people in that age died before the age of five) I am second guessing jumping right into the Legend of King Arthur.  However, if I was guaranteed to live, I would be totally down with being "Lady Lembas" of the medieval times.

2. If you could bring three people with you to that world, who would you take?
Hmm...probably my brother because he is very knowledgeable about all things medieval times (he even wrote a book about it when he was in high school!) and he could probably protect our group from any dragons or Vikings we encountered.  Also my sisters I suppose would want to come (well one would want to and the other I would drag kicking and screaming along).

3. If a stranger broke into your house, but didn't see you immediately, what would you do? (Assuming you didn't have a phone within arm's reach.)
Yeesh...hide behind my couch?  Pray?  Faint?  All of these are likely, and pretty much my only defense mechanisms.

4. What would be the ideal way to meet your future husband, in your opinion?

Ooh, interesting question.  Well picture this girlish/unrealistic/head-in-the-clouds scenario that I have totally never thought about until now...  

Here I am, rereading The Silmarillion somewhere with a nice cup of tea (preferably during an awe inspiring sunrise--think of the symbolism!  A new dawn...).  Anyway, future husband enters and says something along the lines of "oh, you're a fan of The Silmarillion" except way more charming.  Then I say something very classy (this is where the wishful thinking comes in...I would realistically be very socially awkward and say something stupid, haha) that indicates that I am, indeed, a fan.  Then he asks who my favorite character is.  "Idril" I tell him.  His eyes grow wide in disbelief.  "No way!" He says, taking a seat.  "Why? What's yours?" I ask, intrigued.  "Tuor!" He replies.

5. If there's one character from a book/movie you would never want to find sitting in your living room, who would it be? (Leaving out the ones that are too big or abstract to sit in your living room- i.e. Sauron...)
Oh gosh...well luckily Ancalagon and Gothmog can't quite fit in my living room...I'm going to go with Turin.  I mean, pretty much everyone he ever met ended up dead or tortured or in a very unpleasant situation, and I would rather steer clear of that.

6. I there is one character from a book/movie you would want to find sitting in your living room, who would it be?I'm going to agree with what Chloe Linn of Rustling Thoughts said when she was tagged: Gandalf!  Who wouldn't want to go on one of his crazy adventures?

7. If you could live one day of your life in the style of a television show, what genre would you pick? (Sitcom, comedy, romance, crime drama, etc)
I would pick a mystery show.  I am a huge fan of mysteries...Matlock, Sherlock, Columbo, you name it.

8. What character role would you take in the "episode?"
I would be someone related to the victim who originally reports the crime and follows up intermittently with the detective throughout the case.

9. If someone were to compose a soundtrack for your life, who would you want it to be?
Howard Shore, Howard Shore, Howard Shore!

10. Can you give us some examples of their work?

Thank you so much for the tag!  And now I will tag other bloggers with ten new questions!

Fawnabelle Baggins
Gollum (for real, he has a blog now)
And anyone else reading this post who wants to do a tag and is wearing socks (or even if you're not wearing socks) 

Leave a comment if/when you do the tag and I look forward to seeing your answers!

You are charged with answering the following:
  1. In a movie of your life, what actress would play you?
  2. If you could ask any author (living or deceased) one question, who would you ask and what would your question be?
  3. If you were a warrior, what weapon would you use and why?
  4. You've discovered a new star somewhere in the galaxy.  What do you name it?
  5. Pick your favorite fictional universe.  Where in that world would you live?
  6. What fictional character do you identify most with?
  7. What country would you most like to visit or move to?
  8. What book would you most want to adapt yourself or have adapted by someone else into a movie?
  9. What book would you never want adapted?
  10. If you were a cookie, what kind of cookie would you be?
Then tag other bloggers and write your own questions for them to answer.  Good luck!

5 comments:

  1. I'm wearing socks! Since I don't have a daily blog, where do you suppose I should post my answers? Should I put it in this chat box? *gasp* OR SHOULD I CREATE A DAILY BLOG?! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I like your new name!

      Yes, DO IT! Create a daily blog...it will be awesome, I'm sure! (But if you decide not to, putting them here in the comments is fine, too). I can't wait to hear your responses!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I figured it should consistently be my pen name...

      I'm so tempted!!! Okay! I'll do it! But I can't right now... :'( I'll create it when I get back from church. SO EXCITED!!! :D

      Delete
  2. Good answers, Lady Lembas. :D And I love the questions you've posted too. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete