Friday, December 18, 2015

Shire Treehouse

So I was watching Treehouse Masters today on Animal Planet.  Treehouse Masters is basically a show that documents a group of carpenters who specialize in treehouse building.  I was interested to see that today's episode was a treehouse inspired by the Shire!  You can see what it looks like in this video.


I first thought that they should have made one like a Lothlorien flet!  But the spiral staircase is sort of reminiscent of it.  I'm not sure what hobbit would enjoy being up so high in the tree--Bilbo gets very scared in the eagle's eyrie--but nevertheless I think it was a great idea.  The netting reminds me of the spiders of Mirkwood, the rounded designs speak of Hobbiton, and the treehouse as a whole looks similar to Caras Galadhon like I said.  

Overall I was really interested to see this awesome treehouse, and I wanted to show it to you.  What do you think of it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment