Friday, December 25, 2015

Mereth Veren e-Doled Eruion!

"Joyous Feast of the Coming of the Son of God" or as I like to say, Merry Christmas.

I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday and are able to spend time with your friends, family, and God on this happy celebration.  

As for my Christmas morning, it went swimmingly and I was so blessed to receive a fair amount of gifts from my generous family.  I have a pretty big immediate family, so I usually get presents from each of them and since I'm the youngest I have always gotten the most!  

I guess my family decided this was the year of Lord of the Rings (or maybe they caught onto the fact I talk about it all the time) and so a large portion of my gifts were related somehow to it.  I wanted to share some of them with you, and here they are!

First up is The Art of the Lord of the Rings which looks like it has a lot of the maps and drawings that Tolkien himself did for his books and to make his world appear more real.  It is in beautiful hardback with a gorgeous jacket and it has full color glossy photos.  

I also got the most beautiful book I have ever owned: Tolkien's translation of the Old English poem Beowulf.  It too is hardcover with a jacket and I am really excited to jump right in--though it does look like a challenge.  This one is definitively going on display on my bookshelf.

I also got a softcover book by Peter J. Kreeft called The Philosophy of Tolkien which looks really interesting.  I picked it up just to scan over a page to see what it was like, and before I knew it I had already read through the entire introduction!

I got a paperback copy of The Children of Hurin, illustrated by Alan Lee which is of course, fabulous.  I really had my heart set on a hardcover edition, and so I might pitch in with my own money to upgrade it.  

My brother got me a paperback compilation of all kinds of Old and Middle English poems and sagas including The Wanderer, a huge influence to Tolkien which I am eager to start.  I have a few books on deck before I can jump into those ones, but I am going as fast as I can!

I got Lego Lord of the Rings for the Wii from my sister.  I didn't know they still made games for the original movies (I thought they only made them for The Hobbit), so I am planning on starting in on it this afternoon.

I got two T-shirts, one with The Fellowship on it, and one with the White Tree of Gondor on it.  I am really hoping that people might see the shirts and strike up a conversation about Lord of the Rings with me...I'm sure that there are some people around me who I don't even know are fans!  

It was a wonderful and blessed Christmas for everyone and I am really thankful to all of the people who gave me these gifts.  And I am also thankful to all you readers out there for making this blog possible, and I hope that you are all having a great Christmas.  Mereth Veren e-Doled Eruion!

2 comments:

  1. They have Lego LOTR for the Wii?! How did I not know about this?! XD
    I hope you enjoy your game and books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about it either, but I'm sure glad my sister noticed :) Thank you!

      Delete