Thursday, December 24, 2015

Magic: The Gathering

I was looking around the internet and I stumbled across a very interesting Reddit page.  It was run by someone who created 230 Lord of the Rings Magic: The Gathering Cards!

I think it is safe to say that I have fully crossed into nerd territory.

For those of you unfamiliar with Magic: The Gathering, it is a card game which features different creatures and combatants you can buy using your land resources and use to attack the opposing player(s).  You can also buy and cast enchantments which affect how the creatures are able to attack and defend.  Each card comes with fairly complicated rules and stipulations and so only the most patient and dedicated (and generally nerdy) players are successful.

My brother was really into Magic and so he has a few sets of the infamously expensive cards that my sister and I use to play.

When I saw they had Lord of the Rings themed magic cards, I was completely floored!

 
Isn't this the most beautiful thing you have ever seen?
Unfortunately, the cards are not compatible with other Magic: The Gathering Sets so you can only play with someone who has the exact same set as you.  Also, they are not licensed official Magic: The Gathering cards, so you can't actually buy them.  I'm thinking you could print and laminate them yourself though if you wanted.  There are so many beautiful cards with all of my favorite characters, and you should check them out here.

Just so you guys know, I'm going to be having a pretty low-key Christmas, so I probably will end up posting tomorrow.  But I get that a lot of you probably won't be around to read it, so for those people, have a very, very merry Christmas!

5 comments:

  1. That IS the most beautiful things I have ever seen! I'll be checking the blog just in case ;)
    Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sobs of happiness* I GOT THE EXTENDED EDITION OF LOTR!!! I actually started crying I was so happy... BEST. CHRISTMAS. EVER!!! :D

      Delete
    2. NICE!! Good for you--I hope you enjoy them!! :D

      Delete
    3. Thanks! I definitely will enjoy them! :D

      Delete