Sunday, December 6, 2015

Insert Tale from Valinor Here

I am going back on a promise that I made.

It was really hard to get this part together.  I had all these ideas of what I wanted to happen floating around in my head, but then I would reread The Silmarillion and notice that certain ideas contradicted canon which is a huge no-no.  And then I had the opposite problem: things in The Silmarillion that I had to somehow work into this story.  Additionally, the narrative style was really hard.  I wasn't sure how to introduce certain characters because they didn't seem like the type of people that Maedhros would be writing about, at least not yet.

And that is why I have no Tale from Valinor for you today.  I am going to work really hard on it this week in hopes of finishing as soon as possible, and then I will plop it right in here for your reading pleasure.  I am so sorry that I couldn't finish on time!  But I figured it would be better to post quality writing than to smack together some haphazard incoherent jottings (which is mostly what I have at this point).

But excuses aside, next week is the last part of Maedhros the Tall, and I am working really hard to wrap up all the loose ends.  As I have been rereading the Sil, I have found a few quotations that seem good places to launch off into a new fanfiction, so I have a few ideas circulating.  If you have any suggestions, leave them in the comments.  Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Aw! That's too bad! I'm sorry it isn't going as smoothly as you would like but you will find a way ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You are always so encouraging :D

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! My sisters give me too much so I need to shed some on others :D

      Delete