Saturday, December 12, 2015

Fellow Fans!

I don't have very many "LOTR friends", that is, people who are huge fans of The Lord of the Rings and The Silmarillion, like me.  That is one of the reasons why I just love blogging, because there are so many fans on the interwebs I can talk to!

But last night I actually met two other people (in person) who I talked to about The Lord of the Rings, and I was so excited!

You remember how I was really bummed when I missed my priest's homily on LOTR this past Sunday?  Well I had a chance to talk to him about it last night, and as it turns out, he is a huge fan of The Silmarillion and the Children of Húrin like me!  It is not very often I meet a fellow Sil fan.

Then, I was sketching some medieval armor--you know, the usual--when someone started talking to me about it, and then about The Lord of the Rings and about how he loves the books and the poetic style...he was really awesome.  The only problem is, I was at an inter-parish gathering thing, so I probably will never see him again, but he was really nice.

Lo and behold, there are a lot of fans around me...I just have to find them.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I was going to ask you what happened but I never did. I'm glad you found some. I'm STILL looking for die-hard fans:D

    ReplyDelete