Sunday, November 1, 2015

30 Day Challenge Day I

Book Update: Sad news!  Unfortunately, just as I am nearing the last two chapters of The Book of Lost Tales Part I have made the decision to finish the series at another time.  I have a lot of books on my list and this series--The History of Middle-earth--is being pushed to the side temporarily.  I just wanted to let you all know because I know that I promised it read them in my previous posts.  I will read them, I promise, just not now.  

During the month of November, I'm going to do the 30 Day Challenge from Lianne Taimenlore.  Of course you should participate too!  Comment with your answers as we go through the Challenge.




Today is your favorite book.

Mine is definitively The Silmarillion.  I love the depth and mystery if the tales.  The style is such that it leaves a lot of room for imagination and interpretation which is really exciting and it is easy to get into the story.  

It took me three months to read The Silmarillion, but it was well worth it.  In fact, I don't think that I would have the same appreciation for The Lord of the Rings I do today.  

I challenge you to nominate your favorite book!

2 comments:

  1. My absolute favorite book would be The Lord of the Rings. And my favorite part is The Fellowship of the Ring since I haven't finished The Return of the King!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! You'll love the Return of the King :)

      Delete