Sunday, November 8, 2015

30 Day Challenge Day VIII

Favorite Costume

I am not considering dresses in this post because that's tomorrow's category, so this is only for male costumes.

Photo property of Newline Cinema
I love Elrond's robes.  The elvish aesthetic is just so great, and I am a huge fan of the big sleeves.  I can't even count how many times I have drawn the same dress over and over again with floor length sleeves for Idril Celebrindal.  Those drawings were partially influenced by Elrond's costume.

But, on the other hand, Aragorn has some pretty cool costumes too.  I love his cloak from The Prancing Pony.  One thing you may not have noticed is that Aragorn's sleeves on his traveling outfit have thick seams so that if he is travelling for a long time and it becomes really cold or really hot, he can detach the sleeves easily.  Also, after Boromir dies, Aragorn wears his gauntlets.

 I think that in this case I am going to have to vote Elrond.  I also love the colors.  Most of the clothes that the Rivendell elves wear are autumnal such as squash color, reddish brown, and yellow.  I find that pretty interesting considering the elves are the autumn of their life, slowly fading away.

What is your favorite costume?

No comments:

Post a Comment