Thursday, November 5, 2015

30 Day Challenge Day V

The Best of the Fellowship

How is one to decide?

I am making a couple of eliminations right off the bat.  This is not to say that I don't adore these characters, but I know they aren't my absolute favorite.  Gimli and Merry are out right away.  Honestly, I am not a huge fan of dwarves and there are a lot of hobbits I like more than Merry.  Boromir is also out.  Boromir is a great character, but he doesn't really have his shining moment until, well, his death.  

Gandalf is out as well.  Yes, he is great, but I don't think he takes the crown in this situation.  So that leaves Pippin, Frodo, Sam, Aragorn, and Legolas.  

These characters are so vastly different, and I like them for different reasons.  Pippin is funny and he brings a sense of relatibility to the story.  Legolas is charming and he heart melts whenever he sings in the book).  Frodo is sweet and brave, he takes on the most challenging mission in the Third Age.  Aragorn is bold and I can't think of any thing major he does wrong.  Lastly, Samwise is brave, loyal, and courageous.

Here is my ultimate ranking of the characters.

9. Merry
8. Gimli
7. Boromir
6. Gandalf
5. Pippin
4. Legolas
3. Frodo
2. Aragorn
1. Samwise



3 comments:

  1. Ugh! I'm tied between Frodo and Sam... 0_0 They are all great characters! But I think my all-time favorite is Frodo. What's not to like about him? I mean, except the part where he sends Sam away and almost gets away with keeping the ring for himself... But everyone has their flaws, right? : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. Frodo is especially gracious and awesome at the end of "The Return of the King" book during the scouring of the Shire when he lets Saruman go.

      Delete