Wednesday, November 4, 2015

30 Day Challenge Day IV

Favorite scene

Hmm...so many touching scenes and little moments.

I do love Sam and Frodo on Mt. Doom and in the Grey Havens, and there are just so many other wonderful moments.

I think overall I am going to go with Aragorn's coronation at the end of "The a Return of the King".  It starts off with the oath of Elendil (which is what Aragorn is singing) and then he walks among the crowd.  It just a great moment.  The return of the King is such a major event.  The time of Men is now!  Also, we wrap up some characters such as Éomer and Éowyn and Faramir.  

The best part comes when Aragorn thanks Legolas.  The look between them is one of pure appreciation.  They both understand that what they have done for each other cannot be paid back, and they are eternally indebted to the other.  Legolas's sideways glance is perfect.  Queue the Enya music and the reveal of Arwen who has forsaken elven life to be with Aragorn.  If you watch Hugo Weaving as Elrond in the background, you can see how bittersweet the moment is for him.  Aragorn is in disbelief for a while until he finally pulls Arwen into a big kiss.  Arwen's laugh is perfect!  

The scene is stellar in every way: the acting, the music, the lines, the pacing--everything.  It is my favorite scene.

2 comments:

  1. Aww! Thats a good one! But my favorite is when Sam and Frodo are walking through the woods...

    Sam: I wonder if we'll ever be put into songs or tales.
    Frodo: What?
    Sam: I wonder if people will ever say, 'Let's hear about Frodo and the Ring.' And they'll say 'Yes, that's one of my favorite stories. Frodo was really courageous, wasn't he, Dad?' 'Yes, my boy, the most famousest of hobbits. And that's saying a lot.'
    Frodo: You've left out one of the chief characters - Samwise the Brave. I want to hear more about Sam.
    Frodo: Frodo wouldn't have got far without Sam. Sam: Now Mr. Frodo, you shouldn't make fun; I was being serious.
    Frodo: So was I.
    Sam: Samwise the Brave...

    *sniffle* true friendship... : )

    ReplyDelete